Squires Circle 5022's Official Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gallery HomeHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister 

Share | 

Bible passages of the day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
PadrePio222

PadrePio222

Squire

Bible passages of the day Vide
PostSubject: Bible passages of the day   Bible passages of the day EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 9:34 am

1 The Pharisees and Sadducees came and, to test him, asked him to show them a sign from heaven.
2 He said to them in reply, "(In the evening you say, 'Tomorrow will be fair, for the sky is red';
and, in the morning, 'Today will be stormy, for the sky is red and threatening.' You know how to judge the appearance of the sky, but you cannot judge the signs of the times.)
An evil and unfaithful generation seeks a sign, but no sign will be given it except the sign of Jonah." 3 Then he left them and went away.
In coming to the other side of the sea, 4 the disciples had forgotten to bring bread.
Jesus said to them, "Look out, and beware of the leaven 5 of the Pharisees and Sadducees."
6 They concluded among themselves, saying, "It is because we have brought no bread."
When Jesus became aware of this he said, "You of little faith, why do you conclude among yourselves that it is because you have no bread?
Do you not yet understand, and do you not remember the five loaves for the five thousand, and how many wicker baskets you took up?
Or the seven loaves for the four thousand, and how many baskets you took up?
How do you not comprehend that I was not speaking to you about bread? Beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees."
Then they understood 7 that he was not telling them to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees.
8 When Jesus went into the region of Caesarea Philippi 9 he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that the Son of Man is?"
They replied, "Some say John the Baptist, 10 others Elijah, still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets."
He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?"
11 Simon Peter said in reply, "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God."
Jesus said to him in reply, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah. For flesh and blood 12 has not revealed this to you, but my heavenly Father.
And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, 13 and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. 14 Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."
15 Then he strictly ordered his disciples to tell no one that he was the Messiah.
16 From that time on, Jesus began to show his disciples that he 17 must go to Jerusalem and suffer greatly from the elders, the chief priests, and the scribes, and be killed and on the third day be raised.
18 Then Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him, "God forbid, Lord! No such thing shall ever happen to you."
He turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are an obstacle to me. You are thinking not as God does, but as human beings do."
19 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, 20 take up his cross, and follow me.
For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. 21
What profit would there be for one to gain the whole world and forfeit his life? Or what can one give in exchange for his life?
22 For the Son of Man will come with his angels in his Father's glory, and then he will repay everyone according to his conduct.
23 Amen, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom."
Hope you guys enjoy this Bible passage of the day! Smile God Bless!
Back to top Go down
http://movie-maker.forummotion.com/index.htm
Joe W.

Joe W.

Lancer

PostSubject: Re: Bible passages of the day   Bible passages of the day EmptyThu Dec 09, 2010 11:45 am

Love it! More, more!
Back to top Go down
PadrePio222

PadrePio222

Squire

PostSubject: Re: Bible passages of the day   Bible passages of the day EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 3:44 pm

Genesis 1
The Beginning
1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.

6 And God said, “Let there be a vault between the waters to separate water from water.” 7 So God made the vault and separated the water under the vault from the water above it. And it was so. 8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.

9 And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.
11 Then God said, “Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds.” And it was so. 12 The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.

14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, 15 and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. 16 God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. 17 God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth, 18 to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. And God saw that it was good. 19 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.

20 And God said, “Let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the vault of the sky.” 21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them and said, “Be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth.” 23 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.

24 And God said, “Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: the livestock, the creatures that move along the ground, and the wild animals, each according to its kind.” And it was so. 25 God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.
26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27 So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

28 God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
29 Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30 And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.
31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

I love Genesis! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://movie-maker.forummotion.com/index.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bible passages of the day   Bible passages of the day Empty

Back to top Go down

Bible passages of the day

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Squires Circle 5022's Official Website :: The Squires and The Church :: The Church and The Faith-
Make a forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com